This Monday at the Vault percussionist Ches Smith will be performing along with saxophonist Travis LaPlante, with local support from Freeman-Cain-Borden Trio. Check out Smith’s latest album below for free download.
1) Ches Smith, “Pressed On,” Congs for Brums II: Noise to Men
2) Machinefabriek, “Brown,” Colour Tones (Fang Bomb)
3) SlowPitch, “Brain Test Mantra,” Biosphere Stargraze (Bah Doom Recordings)
4) Nastro, “25″ 300mq (Upside Down Recordings)
5) Giant Claw, “Righteous-Injustice-Hellearth,” Giant Claw/The Cat’s Orchestra Split (cae-sur-a)
6) Ghost Father, “Tangential”
7) Tomutonttu, “Rattus (Live),” The Noise from Ridgewood, A Benefit Compilation for the Silent Barn (Obsolete Units)
8) Skeleton Zoo, “More Various Flavors of Chip”
9) Lord Tang, “Thang,” Lord Thang (Gigante)
10) Buildings and Mountains, “Epidemic Magnificent,” SummerGut String (Blood Dirt)
11) Chapels, “No Graves,” The Noise from Ridgewood, A Benefit Compilation for the Silent Barn (Obsolete Units)
12) Baczkowski Sack Duo, “Keet Seel,” Baczkowski Sack Duo/Butcher, Breyer, Khoury Trio Split (House of Alchemy)
13) Jeffery Star, “Sound Opera,” Out of Nowhere: Electro-Acoustic Music from the Upstate Fringe (Big Orbit)
14) Underground River, “In The Sand,” Endless Air; The Other Side of Happenings (Owl)
15) Future by Now, “This Is Not,” Blood Dirt Companion, Vol. 1 (Blood Dirt)
16) Squanto, “Like Chlorine,” On Being Lumpy
17) Off the International Radar, “A Cold Mirror,” Hot Lips
18) M. Mucci, “The Days Blur Together” Tall House Recordings
Tonight’s show is gonna be all over the map. We got stuff from Oneonta’s Buildings and Mountains, Binghamton’s Underground River, some songs from the Silent Barn benefit album, some new SlowPitch…..and all kinds of other stuff that we will hopefully get to.
The Noise from Ridgewood: A Benefit Compilation for the Silent Barn
We’ll also hear a song by percussionist Ches Smith–performing at the Vault this Monday–from his new album Congo for Bums II: Noise to Men.
Show starts at 10pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.