Author Archives: upstatesoundscape
1) Robert Phillips, “O Haupt voll Blut und Wunden”
2) Ethan Hayden, “Star-light is a little light”
3) Esin Gündüz, “ı filosofi della collina”
4) Esin Gündüz, “Improvisation on Michael McNeill’s ‘Wild Geese’”
5) Traditional Turkish Music, “Üyünüm Layla”
6) Elliott Carter, “Shard”
7) Zane Merritt & Ben Willis, “Improvisation”
8) Nathan Heidelberger, “In flux/inflects/influx/in flects”
9) Salvatore Sciarrino, “Dove andarono la sera i muratori” from Quaderno di Strada
10) Nathan Heidelberger, “The Distance of the Moon”
11) Louis Andriessen, “Workers Union”
12) Will Redman, “The Book (excerpt)” Performed live by Wooden Cities
Tonight on The Upstate Soundscape, Buffalo’s new music collective Wooden Cities returns to the program to serve as uest hosts. Several members of the group will be on hand to talk about the music they’ve been working on together and individually, while previewing their upcoming show at The Vault this Friday.
Show starts at 8pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org
1) Zs, “Part 2″ Grain (Northern Spy)
2) The Brian Jonestown Massacre, “Everything Fades to White” Food for Clouds (A Records)
3) Pan American, “The Cloud Room, Cloud Room, Glass Room (Kranky)
4) Zomes, “Monk Bag” Time Was (Thrill Jockey)
5) 100% Black, “Your Black” 2012 Demo
6) Dog, “Great Frog Diety from the North” Praise Dog
7) Black Pus, “Nowhere to Run” All My Relations (Thrill Jockey)
8) Scott Valkwitch, “Echo I (excerpt)” InFraRed (House of Alchemy)
9) VWLS, “Cough Spirit” Broadcast in the Moss
10) Isa Christ, “Live at Strange Maine, 1.14.10″
11) The Haxan Cloak, “The Mirror Reflection (part 2)” Excavation (Tri Angle)
12) Sun Araw and Eternal Tapestry, “I” Night Gallery (Thrill Jockey)
13) Dan Deacon, “True Thrush” America (Domino)
14) Sun Drips, “Track 11″ One Hundred Hints (Orange Milk)
Tonight on the Upstate Soundscape we will preview a number of events that are taking this week, including the Weirdo Music Show at the Jungle Gym, Black Pus at Slyboots, and the next WSADA series at The Wash. We’ll also delve into the Deep Wireless Festival of Radio and Transmission Art that is launching this week in Toronto.
Plenty of new jams to get to as well so tune in at 8pm to 91.3 FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.
Tonight on The Upstate Soundscape we’ll hear a song from Mary Lattimore’s upcoming 12″ The Withdrawing Room, a record that is due out on Buffalo’s own Desire Path Recordings this April.
Tons of other stuff to get to including De Trop, Ital, Black to Comm, Prince Rama, La Monte Young, Malaria Control, and more.
Show starts at 8pm on 91.3FM WBNY. Stream at WBNY.org.